Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tool 8

What I learned from the videos:

The Netbooks books have a SD card reader. Pictures from digital cameras can be downloaded easily.

Dell Webcam Central can snap pictures or make videos. It has a timer so all students could be included in a picture.

On the ipad you can make an app out of a web page you view often by adding it to home screen. You can take a picture of a web page by holding down the sleep (on/off) and home button at the same time. It will click and a picture has been taken.

There is an approved App list with suggestions on the educational technology web page.

I learned how to sync all the ipads to have the same information. I'm going to go back and look at itunes on my computer and make sure I have all the options selected. I should have watched the video before setting up my ipad.

Management:

This is very important. Kids love the new technology and will all want to use it. I like the idea of have students responsible for putting them up each afternoon and getting them out in the morning. I also like the idea of having students help others when there is a problem. I think rules for using the netbooks and ipads will need to be discussed before anyone is able to use them. A rotation will also need to be established so all students have a chance to use them. Once those rules are in place it should be smooth.

I am real excited about getting this new technology. I have had my own itouch for several years and have really enjoyed every part of it. Our classrooms will be turned around with the new devices. I'ts going to be a fun adventure!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I've had kids taking out and putting away the computers and iPads since we got them and so far I have not had a problem. In fast, our kids have greater access and we have fewer incidents than just about any other school.

    ReplyDelete