Friday, June 24, 2011

Tool 5

After working for some time on my PC at home. I realized I had a problem even though I was using Google Chrome. It would not let me embed anything into my blog. I tried many things then decided to get out the school lap top and in no time I embedded my Wordle. I should have been using the school lap top from the beginning. I spent too much time playing with it on my PC. I guess I have an Outdated Google Chrome. I'm glad they re-imaged out lap tops before starting this project.

I had fun using Wordle. I used words from my recent trip to New York City. This could be use to see what students know before a unit of study and after a unit to see what they have learned. Very easy and does not take much time to create.

I then went to Animoto. I have not used this in a long time. It was easy too. I had to select only 12 pictures since we have the free version. I wanted to find music to New York New York but was not able to do so. I went to the internet to look for a free version of this song, but all I could find was the words. I'm sure there is a site to visit for free down loads. Guusje showed this to me several years ago, but I could not remember. If you don't use it you forget. Animoto seems to take a long time to publish your video. I decided to come type by blog while waiting for it to publish. I hope I will be able to embed it into my blog. This program could be used after studying a unit. I think the student would enjoy showing what they learned.

I love Big Huge Labs and have used them for several years. We made Texas City trading Cards and Texas Hero Trading Cards. The kids loved it. I like the fact that the number of words are limited. That way you know kids are having to put important facts in their own words. I have also use Magazine Covers. We made magazine covers for our Indian Reports. Once again kids had to come up with questions for the front cover and then make sure it was included in their report. If I remember correctly, students had to have an email address for the Magazine Covers. We made collages showing anything about Texas History. This was an end of unit project. The collages included people, TX Landmarks, and anything else we might have studied about TX History. The kids were very proud of their end product. The students had to log in with their email account to use this tool. Once we got past that part it was very easy. Tons of fun!!!!!

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

3 comments:

  1. I suspect the song New York, New York is still under copyright which is why you couldn't find a free version. I've been doing the Tools on my home PC and haven't had a problem but I do have the latest version of Chrome. It long ago became my browser of choice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Donna! Love your picts using Animoto and your Wordle on NYC. I also had diffulty working on my home laptop when trying to do Tool #5, and found it easier to do on school laptop. mary janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is really amazing
    Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
    As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.

    ReplyDelete