Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thing 18

I did not know Open Office existed. I was surprised to hear it was loaded on our lap tops already. I can see many advantages to using an online productivity Tool. First of all, it is free and can run on all platforms. It has all the tools like Microsoft-Text, Database, spread sheet, Presentation, drawings. It might be a way for students to show work to their family at home. It looks easy to use if you are use to Microsoft products. The one main disadvantages is you must have Internet access. Google Docs is a great way to share documents and have many different people add information without having to send the document over email.

2 comments:

  1. When I posted about Thing 18, I was having a hard time coming up with a disadvantage - wow the most obvious one, not having an internet connection, didn't occur to me at all. Yes, that would be a big problem if the internet is not working at home or school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures of Alaska Donna!! I would like to know what towns did you visit and how long did you stay there?

    ReplyDelete