Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thing 15

After reading many of the articles it really shows how our libraries have changed over the years. It also shows what is to come. The kids of today have so much more available to them. They have also become more participatory with the web.

I found this information interesting when describing libraries.
What are libraries? Libraries are not just collections of documents and books, they are conversations, they are convocations of people, ideas, and artifacts in dynamic exchanges.
http://www.oclc.org/nextspace/002/6.htm by Dr. Wendy Schultz

It is very exciting to think about the future of libraries. It also tells me I need to work harder to stay on top of what it out there. The web has give us opportunities to grow as life long learners and view libraries in a whole new way.

2 comments:

  1. I find it amazing when I think about what the library looked like in 1991 when I started as compared to what it looks like now. One reason I love my job is that it always changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the quote you picked out of the article for your post. It is a challenging thought and I worry that enough people don't know they need to be changing and may be left behind. It is a challenge to change when so much of our experiences with libraries happened before the 2.0 world came to be.

    A YA Lit Chick

    ReplyDelete